Tool Label on Cursor

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

tomasso mortgage
User

Tool Label on Cursor

Post by tomasso mortgage »

I don't remember when it stared, but when I use Typewriter, there's the word "Typewriter" extending from my cursor which blocks what I'm typing. It's pretty annoying and I always have to remember to move my cursor once I've clicked where I want to type. I see that the other tools have a small Icon and that's fine, but this long complete word is a bit much.

If there's no way to turn this off, please consider this feedback for a future update.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Tool Label on Cursor

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi tomasso mortgage,

Thanks for the post - I'm afraid that there isn't any way to turn this off and this is not likely to change. This was added by popular request, in order to show a preview of the text position for better placement. Adding options for things like this is what would be called bloat and as such not something we would consider.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
lev
User

Post by lev »

There are a couple of ways to achieve what you want. Take a look at viewtopic.php?f=62&t=31516&p=127684&hil ... ry#p127684
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Thanks for the link Lev,
It certainly is possible to achieve this in the Editor with JavaScript (Ctrl+J). Beyond simply removing the preview text, you can change it to any text you want. We do recommend that you keep at least one letter present, as this preview shows you in advanced what font, size, and other text related settings are currently in use, but you do not have to.
As in the other thread, You can shorten it to just the letter T like so:

Code: Select all

app.setOption("Tools.TypeWriter.PreviewText", "T");
If you want it blank, you can replace the T with a space instead.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
jsampsontheumpteenth
User

Post by jsampsontheumpteenth »

I too would like to be able to see what I am typing, but Ctrl-J does not bring up "Javascript" so that I can get rid of this obscuring script "Typewriter". Can you give clearer instructions for this, please.
Regards
John Sampson
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Jsampson,

The JavaScript console should always open with Ctrl+J if you are running the latest version of our Editor. Can you please verify that you have version 8 build 334 installed currently? If not please update and try again.

alternatively, the JavaScript console can also be launched from the form tab:
image.png
Kind regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com