Digital Signing of XFA forms

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Brendan440
User

Digital Signing of XFA forms

Post by Brendan440 »

We recently rolled out PDF-Xchange Plus to replace an aging Adobe Acrobat installation. A user now has an XFA form that she used to "sign" that XChange won't allow. I get a "Digital signing is not supported for documents that contain XFA forms".

However, if I open this form in a different reader, say Foxit PDF Reader, I am able to digitally sign the form with no problem. Is there a way around this?

Brendan
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Digital Signing of XFA forms

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Brendan,

XFA is a difficult (adobe proprietary) format to work in, and depending on what aspects of it are used, certain features are disabled in the Editor. For the time being, we cannot support signing of XFA documents due to the difficulties imposed by the format, as signing improperly could damage the document. In the future we plan to offer this, but I cannot provide a timeline just yet.

If you could send us a copy of an XFA form you are trying to sign, we can use it in our investigations, to help with the process.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Brendan440
User

Post by Brendan440 »

Ah ok. Thank you for the information. Should I just post a copy of the document here?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

If there is no sensitive information you could certainly post it here.

If there is any sensitive information in the document, I would instead suggest emailing us via support@pdf-xchange.com with a link to this post.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com