Disable pencil drawings grouping  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Wector11211
User

Disable pencil drawings grouping

Post by Wector11211 »

I've found an issue when you draw something with a pencil tool quickly it become a single grouped object, so that I cannot undo only the latest line.
I've noticed that I have to wait like 2 seconds before a new line made by pencil becomes a new object and can be undo-ed separately.

How can I disable this annoying feature?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Disable pencil drawings grouping

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Wector11211,

There is no setting that you can control through the UI, but I am asking our devs if there is e.g. some registry setting that can be applied which could change this delay. As soon as I have further news I will post them here!

Kind regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello again Wector11211,

Please download the attached .reg file, extract it e.g. on your desktop, and then double click on it to apply the registry entry:
pencil_TimeForMergeObjects.zip
This should then allow your separate pencil inputs to stay as separate object.

The time the above registry entry sets is in milliseconds - and the template above is set to 0000000a - which is 10ms.
If you want longer times (so that you can e.g. type a lowercase i and not have the dash and dot separated), you can change that value.
00000064 - 100 ms - 1/10th of a second
000001F4 - 500 ms - half a second
000003E8 - 1000ms - a whole second

Kind regards,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wector11211
User

Post by Wector11211 »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:52 pm Please download the attached .reg file, extract it e.g. on your desktop, and then double click on it to apply the registry entry:
pencil_TimeForMergeObjects.zip
I'm so happy that the solution exists! However, I don't think I can apply it because I use the portable version of the software that, I believe, doesn't look for the settings in the registry.
Is there any similar ways to change the value in my case?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Wector11211,

The portable Editor will still check your registry, and if it finds any settings there - it will honour them!
So please do try to apply this reg key and see if it works for you!
If it doesn't - then I am afraid that you might need to get an installed copy of the Editor for this to work properly for you!

Kind regards,
Stefan
Wector11211
User

Post by Wector11211 »

Is there a chance to have such a setting inside UI of the software in the following versions?
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Disable pencil drawings grouping  SOLVED

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

The portable version will not look into the registry for settings - it uses and stores settings in the "settings.dat" file.

You can change this option in a different way which is common for both installed and portable versions.
Open JavaScript console (shortcut Ctrl+J), type the following command

Code: Select all

app.setOption("Tools.Pencil.TimeForMergeObjects", 10);
and run it.
You may need to restart the Editor for the changes to take effect.

HTH
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Wector11211
User

Post by Wector11211 »

Ivan - Tracker Software wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:42 pm Open JavaScript console (shortcut Ctrl+J), type the following command

Code: Select all

app.setOption("Tools.Pencil.TimeForMergeObjects", 10);
Thank you so much!

Could you please tell me where I can find more about app object and all its methods to work with?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Wector11211

Unfortunately there is no collective repository where the JS actions we offer are listed. let alone documented. Many of them are mentioned on the forums here, so a little looking around can help you lean many options. Otherwise, the Adobe JS API should help you: http://dev.datalogics.com/cookbook/docu ... erence.pdf

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com