I often copy markdown output from LLMs to create PDF documents. With PDF-XChange, I can do this, but I first need to save the copied markdown as a file, then use the New Document -> From Markdown feature to create the PDF.
What I would like to do is use the Create New Document from Clipboard feature to directly convert copied markdown into a PDF. This would involve adding a markdown option to the “Clipboard data types:” window, functioning the same as the New Document -> From Markdown workflow (see rough mockup below).
Feature Request: New Document from Clipboard w/ Support for Markdown
Moderators: PDF-XChange Support, Daniel - PDF-XChange, Chris - PDF-XChange, Sean - PDF-XChange, Paul - PDF-XChange, Vasyl - PDF-XChange, Ivan - Tracker Software, Stefan - PDF-XChange
-
mCHSNUg5Pz8cPap
- User
- Posts: 258
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:36 pm
Feature Request: New Document from Clipboard w/ Support for Markdown
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Features I really want:
1. Fully customizable toolbars: https://forum.tracker-software.com/viewtopic.php?p=167585
2. Ability to draw curved lines: https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?p=178335
1. Fully customizable toolbars: https://forum.tracker-software.com/viewtopic.php?p=167585
2. Ability to draw curved lines: https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?p=178335
-
Sean - PDF-XChange
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1266
- Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:42 pm
Re: Feature Request: New Document from Clipboard w/ Support for Markdown
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion - I've passed it on to the team.
Kind regards,
Thanks for the suggestion - I've passed it on to the team.
Kind regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
PDF-XChange Co LTD
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623
Technical Writer
PDF-XChange Co LTD
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623
-
mCHSNUg5Pz8cPap
- User
- Posts: 258
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:36 pm
Re: Feature Request: New Document from Clipboard w/ Support for Markdown
I really like the new markdown plugin in version 11.1 (used Claude to create the perfect CSS file to make the conversion). I had stopped creating pdfs from markdown documents there for a while because the old way didn't format them correctly.
With the recent improvements, I wanted to check on this and see what the dev team said. It would be nice to be able to create new documents from markdown (i.e., Create New Document from Clipboard tool) or new pages from Markdown (i.e., Insert Pages from Clipboard tool).
With the recent improvements, I wanted to check on this and see what the dev team said. It would be nice to be able to create new documents from markdown (i.e., Create New Document from Clipboard tool) or new pages from Markdown (i.e., Insert Pages from Clipboard tool).
Features I really want:
1. Fully customizable toolbars: https://forum.tracker-software.com/viewtopic.php?p=167585
2. Ability to draw curved lines: https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?p=178335
1. Fully customizable toolbars: https://forum.tracker-software.com/viewtopic.php?p=167585
2. Ability to draw curved lines: https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?p=178335