Hi,
One of our teams regularly needs to edit PDFs and then print to PDF - currently, by default the PDF-Xchange Standard defaults to American Letter / ANSI standard, and we need to force that to be A4 for all users at all times.
Is there a GPO / Registry setting I can change to force that to be the case? We are on a VDI environment, not local user PCs.
How to change print to PDF paper size for all users (GPO or Default Settings) SOLVED
Moderators: PDF-XChange Support, Daniel - PDF-XChange, Chris - PDF-XChange, Sean - PDF-XChange, Paul - PDF-XChange, Vasyl - PDF-XChange, Ivan - Tracker Software, Stefan - PDF-XChange
-
Rouse-DaB
- User
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2026 2:53 pm
How to change print to PDF paper size for all users (GPO or Default Settings)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Daniel - PDF-XChange
- Site Admin
- Posts: 13260
- Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:52 pm
Re: How to change print to PDF paper size for all users (GPO or Default Settings)
Hello, Rouse-DaB
I do not believe it is possible to control this via GPO or similar functions. The "page setup" menu is linked to the printer driver selected, opposed to our own functions. If you can control the printers to default to using A4, instead of Letter, the Editor should respect that - unless the document in question is A4 in sheet size, and you have enabled the "select paper size by document page size" option in our placement and scaling options.
Kind regards,
I do not believe it is possible to control this via GPO or similar functions. The "page setup" menu is linked to the printer driver selected, opposed to our own functions. If you can control the printers to default to using A4, instead of Letter, the Editor should respect that - unless the document in question is A4 in sheet size, and you have enabled the "select paper size by document page size" option in our placement and scaling options.
Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
PDF-XChange Co. LTD
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
[email protected]
PDF-XChange Co. LTD
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
[email protected]
-
Rouse-DaB
- User
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2026 2:53 pm
Re: How to change print to PDF paper size for all users (GPO or Default Settings)
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgeba ... ser-system
I found a way to do what I want above. I can just set a profile up and theoretically set it into HKLM and then make it the default through commands.
Only problem is the commands in the article don't work. It looks like it wants me to be using rundll, but the command to setup the profile doesn't work as written:
C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Standard\drvui.x64.dll",DUI30_Command /InstallProfile:"C:<path to profile>\ProfileName.pxpp" /PrinterName:"PDF-XChange Standard"
(copy pasta directly from article) - the command contains 5 speech marks. The syntax looks like it wants to be run from RunDLL32 - however that does not work either. Please can you supply correct commands for V11 that will work first time. Also for the command to set the installed profile as default for all users on a device. I need to install this on 18 VDI devices, so it's a little irritating that the provided commands do not work ,and contain obvious errors in your documentation.
I found a way to do what I want above. I can just set a profile up and theoretically set it into HKLM and then make it the default through commands.
Only problem is the commands in the article don't work. It looks like it wants me to be using rundll, but the command to setup the profile doesn't work as written:
C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Standard\drvui.x64.dll",DUI30_Command /InstallProfile:"C:<path to profile>\ProfileName.pxpp" /PrinterName:"PDF-XChange Standard"
(copy pasta directly from article) - the command contains 5 speech marks. The syntax looks like it wants to be run from RunDLL32 - however that does not work either. Please can you supply correct commands for V11 that will work first time. Also for the command to set the installed profile as default for all users on a device. I need to install this on 18 VDI devices, so it's a little irritating that the provided commands do not work ,and contain obvious errors in your documentation.
-
katherineking
- User
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2026 4:23 pm
Re: How to change print to PDF paper size for all users (GPO or Default Settings)
I tried this too, but it still didn't work. Did you solve it later?Rouse-DaB wrote: ↑Fri Oct 09, 2026 11:52 am https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgeba ... ser-system
I found a way to do what I want above. I can just set a profile up and theoretically set it into HKLM and then make it the default through commands.
Only problem is the commands in the article don't work. It looks like it wants me to be using rundll, but the command to setup the profile doesn't work as written:
C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Standard\drvui.x64.dll",DUI30_Command /InstallProfile:"C:<path to profile>\ProfileName.pxpp" /PrinterName:"PDF-XChange Standard"
(copy pasta directly from article) - the command contains 5 speech marks. The syntax looks like it wants to be run from RunDLL32 - however that does not work either. Please can you supply correct commands for V11 that will work first time. Also for the command to set the installed profile as default for all users on a device. I need to install this on 18 VDI devices, so it's a little irritating that the provided commands do not work ,and contain obvious errors in your documentation.http://monteams.com
Last edited by katherineking on Fri Oct 09, 2026 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Paul - PDF-XChange
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7484
- Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:37 pm
Re: How to change print to PDF paper size for all users (GPO or Default Settings) SOLVED
Hi, katherineking
I just changed the line in the manual because it was wrong. The change should be live soon. The path is wrong for V11.
Use:
Specifically PDF-XChange Standard changed to PDF Printer Standard
Can you test that and confirm it works?
I just changed the line in the manual because it was wrong. The change should be live soon. The path is wrong for V11.
Use:
Code: Select all
rundll32 "C:\Program Files\PDF-XChange\PDF Printer Standard\drvui.x64.dll",DUI30_Command /InstallProfile:Can you test that and confirm it works?
Best regards
Paul O'Rorke
PDF-XChange Support
http://www.pdf-xchange.com
Paul O'Rorke
PDF-XChange Support
http://www.pdf-xchange.com