Embedding Fonts for Downloaded PDFs

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bqxmprij
User

Embedding Fonts for Downloaded PDFs

Post by bqxmprij »

I have to file pdfs with systems that check if all fonts have been embedded and reject those that are not. Typically, I find out of a font issue when filing, and need to start over.

Is it possible to open a file in Editor 319 and embed any fonts that are not embedded? I realize that there are, and I routinely use, methods to get around this, but a single button would be nice.

Also, a non-intrusive notification of any file with non-embedded fonts would also be nice. I say non-intrusive to mean not like the current PDF/a notification. The notification is helpful, but a message spread across the entire pdf is excessive. I don't mean to be offensive, just clear. I am from the camp that misses the more compact display/buttons of the viewer.

Happy New Year!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Embedding Fonts for Downloaded PDFs

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello bqxmprij,

Happy New Year to you too!
The fastest way to achieve this would be to resave the document as a PDF/A (File -> Save Copy As...) - and this process will also embed all needed fonts.
As for checking the fonts - Ctrl+D and then clicking on the "Fonts" entry on the left will show you the list of all fonts and you can check if any of them is not embedded. This is quick to get to and is discrete - as is not shown by default ;)

Regards,
Stefan
bqxmprij
User

Post by bqxmprij »

Thanks for the PDF/A tip.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com