Embedding fonts  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

TCJCM
User

Embedding fonts

Post by TCJCM »

As allready mentioned I have a lot of problems by "embedding" fonts.
I found a way how to "embed fonts" for partial texts.

1) is writing the text in MS Excel and than copy it as "save as picture" as printout
2) after that you go to the editor and paste (Strg+ V) this text as a comment in your sheet.
01-Pangramme v 331.pdf
3) after that you embed this comment
and voila!
This is working with build 331
02-Pangramme v 331.pdf
but not with build 335 or 336
03-Pangramme v 335.pdf
if there was a way to to embedd fonts without the "PDF-A" way (which destroys formular sheets), it must be possible to ad a feature switch for each textfield or form which enables embedding fonts as (CID)
this is the result with embedded font as CID...

i can send this different PDF versions if wished. (found meanwhile "attachments") :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TCJCM on Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Embedding fonts  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, TCJCM

Unfortunately If that was working in the past, it was not a feature, but a bug. Thus it may have been performing the action improperly. The only currently intended methods of embedding fonts are through saving to an archival format, or use of the printers. If you can send us the documents you were using, we can look into making this work as an official feature.
If you wish to use the function as it was for now, you can roll back to that build. Otherwise you will have to wait until we implement a function to directly embed fonts within the Editor, as per this ticket:
RT#4138: FR: Embed fonts to existing PDF

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
fk-fk
User

Re: Embedding fonts

Post by fk-fk »

Hi Daniel & TCJCM,

I think my request is the same as the initial one: I would appreciate a lot the embedding of needed fonts when adding comments with the Editor, like Acrobat X does. @Daniel: A link to the mentioned ticket would be great (or screenshot), is this feature on the way ?

Details:
I frequently add remarks to PDFs, using text/typewriter boxes, mostly with a monospace font. I wasn't even aware that PDF-Xchange 8 doesn't embed needed fonts for cross-platform compatibility, until I opened recently such a PDF (from my Win10) on a Android 9 device ... see attachment ...
Sample.pdf
Greetings from Switzerland
Freddy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TCJCM
User

Post by TCJCM »

Meanwhile there is the only way to do a
save as (speichern unter)
doctype: PDF/A
with following settings:

eventually rasterizing would be a further way if there would be an error during conversion
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Freddy,

There is an ongoing implementation of this feature, which means that our developers are currently working on it.

Unfortunately, we cannot give a direct link to the ticker because it is an internal ticket system,
but I will add you as one of the requestors of this feature, and once the ticket is set as resolved you will receive a notification.

As a workaround you may try to save your file as PDF/A type of PDF file.

Regards.