Licensed copy, v11.1.0 Portable.
>Search >Where would you like to Search? >Browse for Folder... does nothing.
Does work in v11.0.1 by opening >Select Folder window.
Regards...
v11.1.0 >Search >Where to Search? >Browse Folder ..not working
Moderators: PDF-XChange Support, Daniel - PDF-XChange, Chris - PDF-XChange, Sean - PDF-XChange, Paul - PDF-XChange, Vasyl - PDF-XChange, Ivan - Tracker Software, Stefan - PDF-XChange
-
useroftracker
- User
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:45 pm
-
Daniel - PDF-XChange
- Site Admin
- Posts: 13254
- Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:52 pm
Re: v11.1.0 >Search >Where to Search? >Browse Folder ..not working
Hello, useroftracker
After you do so, does the application get "stuck" as if it is trying to open something, or are you immediately able to continue performing other actions (such as closing and re-opening the search pane?)
I cannot reproduce the error, either in the installed or portable versions of 11.1, so I am trying to determine what else we can use here to investigate the root cause of the issue..
If you could perhaps record a video of the process as you perform it, that may help.
Kind regards,
After you do so, does the application get "stuck" as if it is trying to open something, or are you immediately able to continue performing other actions (such as closing and re-opening the search pane?)
I cannot reproduce the error, either in the installed or portable versions of 11.1, so I am trying to determine what else we can use here to investigate the root cause of the issue..
If you could perhaps record a video of the process as you perform it, that may help.
Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
PDF-XChange Co. LTD
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
[email protected]
PDF-XChange Co. LTD
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
[email protected]
-
useroftracker
- User
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:45 pm
Re: v11.1.0 >Search >Where to Search? >Browse Folder ..not working
Hi Daniel.
I am able to continue working ie no lockup, the drop down list window just closed on left-click.
I had copied all files in the portable 11.1.0 zip into my 11.0.1 version folder overwriting any existing files (and so retaining my sessions, history and settings).
I have also tried:
>Search >Where would you like to Search? >Clear Folder List
and that did nothing but close the drop down list window. On checking, the folder list was not purged from the drop down list.
I have just created a new empty folder and copied just the 11.1.0 zip contents into it.
Now testing:
>Search >Where would you like to Search? >Browse for Folder...
and the drop down list window just closed on left-click. There is no lockup.
The actual >Search >Search function works and >Search >Options are selectable.
I have checked and forced the folder permissions to all be the same.
I have checked they are all licensed.
Regards...
Update: I have tried a virgin portable zip extract on a different computer with the same result.
I am able to continue working ie no lockup, the drop down list window just closed on left-click.
I had copied all files in the portable 11.1.0 zip into my 11.0.1 version folder overwriting any existing files (and so retaining my sessions, history and settings).
I have also tried:
>Search >Where would you like to Search? >Clear Folder List
and that did nothing but close the drop down list window. On checking, the folder list was not purged from the drop down list.
I have just created a new empty folder and copied just the 11.1.0 zip contents into it.
Now testing:
>Search >Where would you like to Search? >Browse for Folder...
and the drop down list window just closed on left-click. There is no lockup.
The actual >Search >Search function works and >Search >Options are selectable.
I have checked and forced the folder permissions to all be the same.
I have checked they are all licensed.
Regards...
Update: I have tried a virgin portable zip extract on a different computer with the same result.
-
Daniel - PDF-XChange
- Site Admin
- Posts: 13254
- Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:52 pm
Re: v11.1.0 >Search >Where to Search? >Browse Folder ..not working
Hello, useroftracker
What operating system is running in these cases? These options should work without issue in win10/11 environments, but I could see some issues in a win8 or earlier environment - which is why the installed versions disallow the installer itself from running on those systems.
Kind regards,
What operating system is running in these cases? These options should work without issue in win10/11 environments, but I could see some issues in a win8 or earlier environment - which is why the installed versions disallow the installer itself from running on those systems.
Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
PDF-XChange Co. LTD
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
[email protected]
PDF-XChange Co. LTD
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
[email protected]
-
useroftracker
- User
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:45 pm
Re: v11.1.0 >Search >Where to Search? >Browse Folder ..not working
Hi Daniel.
I have now tried using my PC, by making a copy of the laptop portable 11.1.0 folder, and it is working correctly. So I must have a problem with my laptops' systems' settings which I will work on.
But to answer your question anyway,
the first laptop is:
Windows 11 Home (x64) Version 23H2 (build 22631.4037)
the second laptop is:
Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 2004 (build 19041.1110)
and the PC is:
Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1909
Thanks for your responses.
Regards...
I have now tried using my PC, by making a copy of the laptop portable 11.1.0 folder, and it is working correctly. So I must have a problem with my laptops' systems' settings which I will work on.
But to answer your question anyway,
the first laptop is:
Windows 11 Home (x64) Version 23H2 (build 22631.4037)
the second laptop is:
Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 2004 (build 19041.1110)
and the PC is:
Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1909
Thanks for your responses.
Regards...
-
Sean - PDF-XChange
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1287
- Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:42 pm
Re: v11.1.0 >Search >Where to Search? >Browse Folder ..not working
Okay, thanks for that extra information, and glad you got the issue resolved.
Kind regards,
Kind regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
PDF-XChange Co LTD
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623
Technical Writer
PDF-XChange Co LTD
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623